Terms and Conditions
1. Descriptions on the Auction List are a guide only and should not be relied upon
2. Vehicles/Items sold are in "as is, where is" condition. To the extent permitted by law, all statutory conditions, warranties and guarantees which may otherwise apply, are expressly excluded
3. The auctioneer reserves the right to withdraw any vehicle advertised prior to auction
4. Payment is required in full upon acceptance of the highest bid and the purchaser is responsible for all matters associated with registration and removal of the relevant vehicle
5. Vehicles purchased must be removed from the yard on the day of the sale (unless written approval has been granted by Clayton’s) otherwise the sale shall be nullified without the purchaser retaining any right to refund of any monies paid
6. Vehicles have been shifted into position by forklift, and also may be shifted after the auction by forklift. All care is taken but no damage claims will be entered into
7. Cash receipt to be shown to releasing officer prior to the release of the vehicle
8. No repair works are to be carried out on any vehicle in the holding facility
9. No vehicle parts or contents of any purchased vehicle are to be left on the premises
CHATTLES AUCTION - TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The Highest bidder shall be the purchaser and in the event of a dispute, the Auctioneer shall have the sole discretion to settle it or to re-offer the lot.
2. The Auctioneer may, without giving any reason therefor, refuse to accept the bidding of any person or persons.
3. No person shall advance less at a bid than a sum to be named from time to time by the Auctioneer.
4. The sellers may bid for any lot or lots, and may withdraw any lot or lots either personally or through the Auctioneer or through any other person as many times as they may respectively deem fit.
5. All lots sold shall be paid for on a cash basis immediately after the sale.
6. The Auctioneer gives no warranty as to the genuineness or authenticity of the goods and the purchaser shall accept every lot with all faults and errors of description.
7. All lots will be at the purchaser's risk immediately after the fall of the hammer and no responsibility will be incurred by the Auctioneer or the seller for their safekeeping. No exception shall be taken to any of the lots on delivery, the whole having been open for inspection by the purchaser prior to the sale and on no account will any allowance be made.
8. All lots purchase shall be removed by the purchaser at the purchaser's risk either: immediately after the sale; or at such later time as the Auctioneer may agree.
9. The Auctioneer accepts no responsibility in connection with the commissioning of its staff to bid for any lots. Reserves and commissions given by telephone are accepted at the sender's risk and must be confirmed in writing prior to the date of sale. No lot may be transferred.
10. Every person at the Auction premises before, during and after the sale shall be deemed to be there at their own risk and with notice of the conditions of the premises. Such person will have no claim against the Auctioneer for any event which may occur from any cause whatsoever.
11. All purchase prices paid at the Auction will include GST where applicable.